Monday, May 30, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and the not so pretty!

So it's been a while since I've updated, but this chemo/radiation is kicking my ass! I keep telling myself if it's kicking my ass it's kicking cancer's ass too... but man, it sucks!

I have finished week 3, and I have 3 more weeks of regular treatment, then it goes into "clean-up" mode, then I'm done, but who's counting!?

So the good, I'm almost halfway through, that's about all I have good to say :)

The bad, I am so tired! My brother and family were here this week and I was lucky to stay up past 8pm, after taking a three hour nap! I feel like I could sleep all day, and this weekend I think I have! I'm trying to stay hydrated, but I am failing pretty badly at that!

I'll spare everybody from the "not so pretty" somethings should be left off of facebook!

All in all I think I've done pretty well, I wish I had the energy to write more, but it's 720pm and close to my bedtime :)

Thanks everyone for your continued prayers and well wishes, it really does make this easier on me knowing I have such awesome support! I'll try to write more when I feel up to it, but I have no idea when that will be!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie, hang in there girl, you are right, you are almost there. It is amazing that you have had as much strength as you have. I want you to remember that you are a Mother, an NICU nurse, and most of all an amazing woman! And you are going to be a cancer survivor. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers!! Love, Sharon(O'Hara)

    ReplyDelete